Amino acids are organic compounds, constituents of proteins that unlike other nutrients contain nitrogen. They serve to break down food, grow body tissues and increase energy.
To us as athletes we are interested in consuming essential amino acids that are Valine, leucine and isileucine, these will help us to gain muscle mass and to maintain our muscles.
These amino acids are beneficial:
- They increase the amount of protein in our body, it prevents muscle wasting when we train.
- They give our body muscular endurance.
- They help burn calories, and keep blood glucose levels stable.
- They help you secrete less cortisol. When you train very hard the body is stressed and can release it (just like when you sleep less than 7 hours), cortisol wears out muscle and stimulates fat synthesis.
In which foods can be found the amino acids:
- Beans, eggs, corn, cauliflower, potatoes, bananas, melon and citrus fruits like lemon and oranges.
- They can also be found in sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds.
- Avocados and almonds.
As we can see almost all foods contain amino acids however the proportions vary some possess more amino acids than others. Vegetable sources of protein are more often lower in one or more essential amino acids than animal sources, especially lysine and a lower degree of methionine and threonine. As you can see in this blog we are in favor of healthy eating and practicing exercises as a lifestyle. From today we invite you to increase the consumption of amino acids and to practice a sport of your choice, since not only will you improve your diet, but you will have a healthy and healthy body.